Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fatties in Motion

I want to talk a bit about one of my favorite aspects of the gaining community: blubber in motion. That is, seeing growing chub bouncing around on YouTube or similar sites. Of course I love picture updates on various gaining sites. Some folks really know how to take great pictures, that really accentuate their curves, rolls, and dimples, and it is a delight to observe. However, in my opinion, there is nothing better than seeing fat in motion. It is awe-inspiring to watch a belly grow over a few weeks or months, and the added fat is on display to wiggle, jiggle, bounce, or hold a firm round pose. I think one of the reasons it is so exciting to see an update from a growing fatty is that we rarely, or never, see these displays in real life. How often does one of our friends or lovers show up a few weeks/months later, lift up his shirt, and proudly show off his growth girth? If you live in my world, the answer is zero. So videos on YouTube demonstrating such growth are quite important to the gaining community.



As such, I think its important to think about the reasons for making these videos. One, you are obviously showing off your body and receiving accolades for doing so. This is a nice ego boost, especially when your immediate social circle may be giving you negative messages about the gains that you clearly are enjoying. Second, videos can show progress really well, in some cases better than pictures because fat can be observed in motion. And let's face it, no matter how hard you study a picture, you just can't see the fat bounce around like it does in videos. Third, videos help create a sense of community of gainers, and in a different way than is seen on the websites specifically dedicated to gaining. I say this because YouTube is so accessible, and for the fat curious out there, our videos are typically the first "evidence" that a gaining community exists and is healthy and vibrant. In fact, some of my best friends from this community originally contacted me because of my videos, and have never joined the other beefy/gaining websites. Posting videos can open a whole new world of fans, friends, and the fat curious.

Fatty Excuses

I hear all sorts of excuses from gainers about why they don't post videos. They say that can't afford a video camera, even though the cheapest digital camera can take pretty good digital videos. How about Flip cameras which are quite inexpensive and easy use? Plus, unless you are using a cell phone from the stone ages, it has a video function on it. I have seen some pretty decent quality videos from cell phones. Let's also not forget webcams, which although the quality can be quite mediocre, they still capture fat in motion -- a good thing. Meanwhile, these gainers who are crying poverty also have the latest laptops or the newest games, so frankly I don't buy the argument that video capabilities are not available. Why not borrow a friend's camera in that case? Just be sure to erase the memory card before returning :)

Another excuse I hear is that the gainer, especially young and/or new gainers, have a very small belly and are intimidated to show it off. This is understandable...there are some impressively enormous bellies on the web. However, it is a poor excuse to not participate. For one thing, your first video will serve as your baseline video, upon which all subsequent videos will be compared. Believe me on this. I wish I had taken dozens of videos when I was thinner, so I could then create comparison videos now that I have gained 50+ lbs. Instead, I only have a scant one or two videos, and I have had to rely on overusing that footage as I compare to my current growth. So be sure to make and post a video when you are just getting started. Now, a caveat -- you don't need to post a video everyday of your non-existent belly either. Make a bunch of videos, in a variety of poses and activities, but only post a couple. Keep the rest for yourself, as evidence with which to compare your future growth. It is important not to saturate your YouTube profile with lots of videos that basically show a non-existent belly. More on that below.

Another excuse I hear is that it is too difficult to make a video, or too hard to maintain anonymity. Bah, those are pathetic excuses! lol. Making a video is as easy as pressing a button and standing in front of the camera. Give me a break. Now, if you want to make it more anonymous, you will need to have some set-up, to be sure to remove identifying information in your home and ensure your face isn't included. But it is easily accomplished with 10 minutes of trial and error and the proper set-up. So, I know we are a lazy lot, as manifested by our fat, gluttonous bodies, but let's not be THAT lazy.



Tips for the Fatty Videographer

Between my current YouTube account and my former terminated account, I made about 80 videos. So I have some experience seeing what works and doesn't work in the video format. I am also a connoisseur of belly videos on YouTube, so I can certainly speak to what I like and don't like about what I have seen. Below are a few tips and ideas that I have picked up.

1. Lighting. Proper lighting is probably the most important element of your video. You should make a few trial videos if you have never shot in a given environment before, just to check the lighting. The lighting should be ample, yet not too bright to wash out your body (light-skinned folks are prone to this effect). If you use daylight as your primary lighting source (e.g., standing by the window), the light tends to be blue-ish white on camera, and may make you pale in appearance. Fluorescent lighting can convey a greenish-hue on videos. I find the best color for lighting (at least for my skin tone) is incandescent lighting. That's why most of my videos are done in my bathroom, which has ample lighting and the lighting is kind to my skin tone. You may have to play around to find the best lighting for you. But DO make sure your video is bright enough to see. A dark, unclear video is not worth uploading...or viewing.

2. Framing. Think about how you can best emphasize your growing fatness. There are lots of ways to frame out your shot. You might want to try an up-angle, where you place the camera lower and sit or stand over it, exposing your underbelly. You might want to try for a variety of angles, such as sitting, standing, sideways, lying on back, lying on your side, on all fours, from behind, etc. Not only do these various angles show where your gains are going on your body, but they provide variety. Some gainers seem to show the same angles over and over. If you choose that route, then you should have ample gains between each video, otherwise all your videos will look the same. By the way, a helpful strategy I use to frame my shot is to put a handheld mirror behind the camera, so you can see the image on the LCD -- thus helping you to frame the shot to your liking. 



3. Scenery. Yes, your belly should be primary focus of your video. However, you might consider varying the scene where you are showing it off. I have made videos in the bathroom, living room, kitchen and bedroom, but also at the beach, camping, driving, etc. Changing the scenery adds variety to your videos, as well as shows off your hot gains in variety of situations. I love seeing a tight seat belt snug up to an expanding waist, as the belly flops over and jiggles with every bounce of the car (just be careful to keep your eyes on the road while filming lol). Seeing a sexy belly on the beach is just wonderful, if you are able to make such a video. A hint for making these videos is to take a few pics of the scenery with my camera, then press the video start button and casually set it down, facing your belly. Even if you are with people, they probably won't see the camera is on and recording your beach belly.

4. The belly scenery. Just as much as your background scenery should vary to create interest, so should your belly scenery. I can think of a few gainers who do exactly the same thing with every video -- and if there are no noticeable gains between videos, they are pretty pointless to watch. Then, I notice these folks get very little comments on their videos, which discourages them. Really it all boils down to creating interest with your videos (and sex appeal...let's face it, most of our viewers are getting turned on by the videos). If you are a bloater, don't just post video after video of your bloated belly. It gets boring. Post a few videos pre-bloating, so we can see what your normal belly is like, and then a post-bloat. If you are emphasizing  your belly fat, try to present it in a variety of ways....pushed out, sucked in, grabbing and squeezing, jiggling, sitting, standing, on your side, etc. I see some gainers who just show a rounded belly while standing, video after video, while I am dying to see them squeeze it, jiggle it, pat it, slap it, grab it, or some something else. C'mon guys, let's really showcase those bellies!

5. The basics. These are probably self-explanatory, but worth mentioning. I see so many videos where guys are apologizing for the quality of their videos. Why even post them if the quality is bad? The video should clear, crisp, and well-lit. Try to eliminate unnecessary background noises (turn off the tv). If you want to include music, remember that YouTube will most likely remove the music if you don't have permission, or will paste an annoying banner on your video with the video rights. Decide if that's important to you or not. Frankly, I just like hearing a guy talk about his belly, and love hearing belches and a good belly slap, so I prefer no music. Overall, the video and audio quality of your video should be good, and your belly should be prominently displayed.



6. Best acting award. If you are eating in your video, make it interesting. Some guys look completely bored eating, and their monotonous video drones on for 10 minutes. I just skip to the end of those. So get into your eating. Moan, groan, talk about how fat you are getting, vary the foods, mix in a few belly rubs and squeezes, etc. The whole point of an eating-gaining video is to showcase your gluttony. So revel in your gluttonous bad self and show it off! Making videos is not unlike acting, and the best actors are those who really get into a role. Let's see who wins the Best Actor in a Belly Video award this year!

7. Keeping it real. I love how I still get comments on my videos to show my face. I guess those people still feel that they are THE ones who will tip the scales and convince me to show my identity to the world. Pretty funny really. Obviously, that isn't happening. I encourage all gainers, however comfortable with showing your face or not, to continue making videos despite these comments. You know who you are, and you know your comfort level with putting your face out there. Nobody should ever guilt you into doing something you are not ready to do. Also, I have learned over the years that to minimize the flaming, derisive comments from the fat-haters, I usually put "Fatnesse" in my titles, or something fatty-related. That way, if I get one of those comments, I can make a snarky comment back asking why the flamer felt compelled to make a nasty comment when the title clearly states the video is about fattydom. You'd be amazed how quickly the haters disappear after that.

---

That concludes my spiel for fatties to video and display their hotness. I hope I encouraged some of you in-the-closest gainers to consider posting your own videos. Be sure to let me know if you do! You can email me at fatnesse at yahoo dot com. Also, please comment below with any ideas, hints or tips about making videos or about the post in general. Thanks for reading! ~Fatnesse

3 comments:

  1. Excellent points. You would think most of them would be obvious--but obviously, they're not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always terrific to see someone who practices what he preaches :)

    hugs and belly rubs :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im just too lazy to film myself. I want someone else to do it.

    ReplyDelete